What is Business Owners Insurance?

Habitational Insurance

What is habitational insurance?

Partner with Donaldson Insurance to insure your residential rental properties (rented to others), including:

  • Apartments
  • Duplexes
  • Single-family dwelling
  • Multi-family dwelling
  • Apartments with mixed use
Apartment buildings


In addition to the core coverages provided in the Businessowners Policy, we offer the following coverages and enhancements such as:

Blanket Coverage or 125% Extended Replacement Cost – Combines all building estimated replacement costs into one limit or increases a single building to 125% of the estimated replacement cost.

Building – Coverage for damage to buildings and structures at the described premises. This includes personal property owned by the Insured used to maintain the building(s).

Business Income – Covers loss of business income up to 12 months, (optional 18 or 24 months) Actual Loss Sustained, in the event of a loss; option for time period extension available.

Ordinance or Law Coverage 1 – Coverage is included for loss to the undamaged portion of the building up to the building limit.

Ordinance or Law Coverage 2 & 3 – Coverage for the demolition cost and increased cost of construction is included at $100,000 combined limit with option to increase.

Water Back-Up and Sump Overflow – Covers damage caused by water that backs up into the property through pipes, drains, sewer, water-service and sump pump.

Bed Bug – Kissing Bug Liability Coverage: Covers losses resulting from bodily injury, property damage, personal and advertising injury, and medical expenses arising from any person being exposed to or bitten by bed bug or kissing bug, for which an insured is deemed liable.